Friday, January 4, 2008

Valley Forge

My topic for National History Day of 2007 is The American Revolution. The revolution began on April 19, 1775. For about a decade there were tension between Great Britain and the American colonies. The British passed a lot of laws to gain control over the colonies. The colonies thought they were abusing their power. The colonist protested and started a rebellion. They did not know that this would lead to a new nation.
We are working on the Valley Forge because we are also working with two of the freshmen. Since we are working with the freshmen we have to collaborate with them and write about Valley Forge because their topic have to be on something that happened in Philadelphia. Our topic is really focused on Valley Forge because it was where the army took a rest for the Revolutionary War.
We are doing a poster board. I did a paper last year so I wanted to try something new this year and work with some of my friends that I can depend on. Focusing on the battle of Valley Forge will be good because the Revolutionary War is a very broad topic. I want to learn about what exactly happened at Valley Forge that changed the Revolutionary War. I don’t think this topic will be a hard topic to study because I know there will be a lot of information about the War.

No comments: